Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 1 February 2017

WOYWW 400! NBUS#10 + Inking Embossing Folders.

Hi there everyone ...well, the big day for Julia, our Queen of Deskland - over at the Stamping Ground... Yessss!! What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday no 400 has arrived.
Want to add much prayer for two long time WOYWWers , Shaz Silverwolf , who having second surgery for her cancer today in U.K.,  for Shoshi, I've heard she is in hospital with intestinal issues in U.K.. {Update: a blockage, emergency surgery Thurs, pray stoma won't need to be re-sited.}
My morning desk desk shows me midstream on birthday card, still not quite finished but for family member and they occasionally look at blog so haven't revealed much. You can see the SB Marvellous Squares are in use once more as corners on an image. Brushos also in use :D And brayer still not put away from two weeks ago.
And my desk this arvo (afternoon), was inky too + NBUS here - the 6" x6" EF is a cheapie from China on Ebay, love the houndstooth pattern, smooched the top side of embossing folder with Navy Blue dye ink (Archival Cobalt). (I guess  RosA of Paperchase would call it a CCEF {Cheap China Embossing Folder}, worked out right side to emboss by trying it out, and making note on it, as they have no writing on them).

Also had to join in with dear Darnell's NBUS challenge #10, wowee!
Fun+++, you have til 5th Feb to join
! So my NBUS 1 or Not Used Before Schtuff, to quote Darnell, is the no name EF (or CCEF) on first card below.
Update on Darnell
: her surgery went well, and healing as best you can post surgery. Sending more hugs and prayers dear buddy.

Birthday stamp is Lawn Fawn "Too much to say", then inked EF, and a commercial card re-made. Actually I scanned it and printed this beautiful Fairy Penguin water colour  - Fairy Penguins are native to Australia.
Second card and second entry in this weeks NBUS challenge is this card already winging its way to Japan. The NBUS here is the SB Labels 28, second largest die, which I was gifted just before Christmas by a dear man who was going blind and gave me and others some of his crafty goodies he could not longer use.This past week I found this particular die fitted perfectly into my SB Divine Eloquence dies... howzat,eh? God is very gracious, very grateful.
A close up of verse and inking with ink dusters .. love how you can blend over what is under digis. This WAW Bible verse digi was added to free digi given by Ginny Maxam of Maxam made.
For the Aussie shots, we really are having summer, although today isn't too bad it's been quite hot Downunder, especially in places not near the coast. Took these pickies late on Saturday evening just before we went for a swim, but not with the stinging blue bottles below but at the jetty, less danger there. 😄
Looking North.
No tail left on this one, its quite  small they have long tails, and are a colony of organisms, hence many areas of sting, commonly called blue bottles
Looking south, on same beach.
Thanks so much everyone for popping over for a peek and a chat, may the LORD God bless your day wherever you maybe. I might be a tad tardy in commenting, as very busy here.. again. :D
And happy WOYWW #400 everyone!!!

Shaz in Oz.x

"But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them:
let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee
." Psalm 5:11

Linking both these card up to:

1.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes - both cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.   2.Darnell's NBUS challenge #10, both cards NBUS 1. CCEF NBUS 2.  Spellbinders Label 28 I have already used the optional bubble wrap technique so not a NBUS to me.
3. First card http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/challenge-235-anything-goes.html
4. Allsorts no 400!!!! Celebrate challenge.. the first card- is a birthday card, actually the second one is too but it doesn't say it.  

44 comments:

Kathyk said...

Positive thoughts going to both Shaz and Shoshi today.

Great looking desk and WIP's

Happy 400th WOYWW

Kathyk
#19

Sarah Brennan said...

I am also thinking of Shaz and Shoshi. We are very lucky to be part of such a supportive community. Happy 400th WOYWW Sarah #18

Unknown said...

Love the texture on the card - can't decide if they are leaves or feathers!

ADORE the houndstooth, so impactful and so easy! You paired it perfectly with the cheeky little penguin

dxxx#20

Annie said...

I'm with you on wishing our poorly friends a speedy recovery. Love your cards and your beach pics are fab....minus the blue bottles of course.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, gorgeous cards today, the fairy penguin is so cute, love the embossing all inked up, it's the same one I got. Have a fabulous week and stay cool... Megan

Anonymous said...

Happy 400th WOYWW. So many lovely cards on your desk. I love that embossing folder. Ali x #5 currently!

Esther Asbury said...

LOVE that houndstooth embossing folder inked in blue and the lovely beach pictures. Makes me anxious for spring where I live so I can walk the beach again!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Shaz!! Love that inked embossing! Beautiful color too. I love the dragon fly card. I love that you share pics from your place. This is the first time I've heard about the blue bottles.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards and love the die, not seen it before. I think we are all crossing our fingers for Shaz and hope it all goes well. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 23

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like both your cards. How nice that someone gave you some crafty supplies since they could not use them, but bittersweet. Sending thoughts and prayers for your friends who need them. I am partial to blue so that card is my favorite. I love the embossing folder technique with a tone on tone look!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my word I hadn't caught up with Shoshi, will be holding her tight in my thoughts too. You've been really busy. I love the leaf image in the first pic, cant quite work out if they're embossed or not, but they are lovely. Like what you did with the houndstooth too, very Dior!

Tracy said...

What lovely cards and I am very jealous of you living close to such a beautiful beach. Tracy #31

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting us know about Shaz and Shoshi. My thoughts are with both of them. Beautiful cards. Thanks for the lovely Australia photos. I am in Minnesota this week and actually seeing sunshine! Who knew a little sunshine could make you feel so happy!

Sharon K #38

Christine said...

Great cards, love the dragonfly. Amazing info abut the jellyfish.
Happy 400th and have a good week
Christine #22

SumBunneh said...

Adding Shoshi to my thoughts and keeping Shaz (and Doug) there too.

The houndstooth is lovely :)

SumBunneh said...

Ps...

Happy WOYWW400!
Erika (26)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. happy 400th. Thanks for letting me know about Shaz and Shoshi... praying for them. may God be gracious unto them. Thinking of Doug and Nicholas too, as they watch their loved ones suffering.
Gorgeous cards, Shaz. Great Aussie shots, too. Maybe I should be starting to put some Welsh ones up??
take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

oh my, hadn't seen yet about Shoshi... thinking of them both.
great cards, as always! Helen #1

Unknown said...

First I heard about Soshi, thanks for the info.
Love your cards, especially the penquin!
And your beach photos are wonderful! We have only a couple small lakes near us and they're almost impossible to get into for all the people.
Happy 400 WOYWW!
Carol N #36

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two lovely cards, shaz! Very beautiful embossing and cute penguin on the first one, and the second one looks so sweet and elegant with that frame and your inking! Beautiful dragonfly and quote!

Betsy said...

Hello Shaz! I'm praying for your friends and for God to grant them a return to health. Your dragonfly card is so pretty as are your Aussie shots. You are such an encouragement for so many.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathleen said...

Looks like a very productive desk Shaz and love the first photo of the family member beginning of a card.
Two other gorgeous cards too along with yet more fabulous photo's.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Healing wishes sent to both already!

I read the review on Shaz Silverwolf's blog.
They sure sound interesting and very well priced. I liked that she showed the sizes as well as the diecuts.

Your cards are lovely. I like them all and the frame die on the second one looks fabulous. A great verse there too!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz - great cards! Lovely summer pics - it's so cold here I look forward to seeing them! I was wondering if you have the addresses for Shaz Silverwolf and Shoshi - I would like to send cards, but don't know their addys. If you do, can you send them to lindart@bellnet.ca? Thanks. Happy 400th! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

Neet said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz - as always - and I love that green background you are going to use.
The blue card is so cute and brightly coloured, really will stand out when displayed by the recipient but the dragonfly one has an ethereal quality about it which I adore.
Great views - not so sure about the bluebottle. Guess what I found on the beach in San Diego? Two complete sand dollars! Never seen one before. Was thrilled!
You take care
Blessings, Neet 10 xxx

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful watercolor look on both cards, love the colors and the pretty framing especially on the second card, it was like the verse was made just for that die.
Such pretty blue sky and water, so wonderful to live so close

sandra de said...

Thanks Shaz your cards are always so stunning. Good to see you can have a safe swim away from those blue bottles. No woyww this week.'sandra de

Kathyk said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog - I know I already visited you for WOYWW but you asked about the Santa stamp - Habico offer the GLORIOUS Santa image on two sets; one smaller Santa with the camel image and a larger Santa with baubles and a snowflake corner. I got mine from Amazon (identified as Christmas sets 4 and 5) so you could try searching Amazon Australia or eBay and see if you can get it in Australia - good luck

Kathyk

Debbie Harris said...

Oh I LOVED your fairy penguin!! Thank you for sharing the link. Penguins have been my love for many years and I've dreamed of having one as a pet. I know that isn't possible, but I can dream. :) That little fairy Penguin would be a perfect size, but living in a cold climate just wouldn't work.

As always, thank you for sharing the beauty of your corner of the world with us.

Blessings~~

Anne said...

Your cards are gorgeous and so ingenious! Love the colour combos and all the elements. Bravo mon amie!

loz said...

Two gorgeous cards Shaz.. It is also very HOT here in perth but no bluebottles, just the odd shark to look out for..loz

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, a belated Happy 400th WOYWW to you and many thanks for your earlier visit and comment. So glad to have met you through Julia's meme too. Love your two cards - really beautiful. The embossing folder is fab, especially the way you've smooched it with the navy ink. Blue bottles over here are horrible big nasty flies so it was a surprise to find something else, equally horrid, called the same. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #28

Mrs.D said...

Shaz, Happy 400th WOYWW.
Thanks for visiting my page,my problem with sorting is I have bits that are die cuts and then bits I've embossed, and pieces of painted board and bits that have more than one modification, and I know if I just bag them up in any general I will never get round to using them, but they are such pretty bits. Maybe I just need to take the bags out and work my way through to make a card with something out of each bag, and then put them away again.
We don't have any dates, and life is busy at present, so are not really concerned, our buyers appeared to have worked their way through their legal problems with selling their property so we may hear something soon. We haven't got a house to go to, the idea is that we spend the summer on the boat and find God's reserved place for us as we travel the canals.
but I come to comment on your lovely page,beautiful pics of the Lord's creation and also your creations, love the dragon fly card, really beautiful and uplifting.
Bless you for sharing
Chris#33

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Celebrate' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Brenda said...

Oh Sharon, both cards are just beautiful! I so love that little penguin card!! He is so darling! I love the herringbone background too! The dragon fly card is just stunning! So soft are the colors and I'm so in love with the delicate-ness of it. I know that's not a word, but...lol Love seeing the beach pictures! The blue bottle, omgosh, how do you guys ever see them in the water?!!! They are quite beautiful in a strange way, the blue is a beautiful blue on them. I can't imagine having the long stinging tails with it as I could imagine they are pretty long! Thanks for sharing a picture of it! They do kinda' remind me of a jelly fish. Hugs, Brenda

RosA said...

Hi Shaz
Great cards, as usual! Now I will have to go look at these CCEFs :)! Love what you have done with that one.
BTW, those lovely Penny Black stamps which I have recently acquired :) ... one came from somewhere here (can't remember exactly where, but the price was ok) and the other two came from ebay (bic warehouse). They took a while to get here but the price was very good :) And, of course, they stamp beautifully. I will take them when we go to visit our friends in Cooma in a few weeks time and we will play with them there. Oh, and she wants me to teach her how to knit lace patterns. I will have to brush up on that!
(Is Shoshi in Canada? I definitely thought she was in the UK.)

Happy 400th Woyww!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love your cards- love the highlighted embossing- beautiful work! I also really enjoy seeing your pictures : )

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Shaz - love the second one in particular - the colours are so soft and beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Marit said...

I LOVE seeing photos of your surroundings/landscapes... I should take my camera too next time I go walking on the ("my") beach. I love your cards too... cheap tools and materials make me even have MORE fun then using the expensive stuff - that is, when they turn out to work just fine, I LOVE that! Thanks for stopping by my desk last week, happy 400th and a hug from Holland, Marit #20

Carol said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz, love the houndstooth background...it looks stunning. Carol x

Pia S said...

Always a nic read these posts with you've got on your workdesk. I won't say yours isn't tidy, but it sure resembles mine a lot more than those ultra tidy ones others call messy, lol.

Aileen said...

Two wonderful cards, love how you used the embossing folder, looks brilliant.

I remember as kids we would walk along the beach especially after a storm and pop the blue bottles with clumps of wet sand trying to avoid the tendrils. Ahh the joys of children.

Darnell said...

These are both so fantastic, Shaz! I love how you framed both that sweet penguin and ethereal dragonfly! Great local photos, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 twice and for your supportive comments about me, Shaz, and Shoshi!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...