Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 5 February 2017

Bizzy Bec's February Anything Goes Challenge

{Butterfly Challenge on Vellum below or - here!
and WOYWW #400 is Here!!}

Hullo one and all, tis time yet again for another "ANYTHING GOES" challenge over at Bizzy Bec's for the month of February! Join in, please do, you just might win the prize of stamp or a die !!
There was a very special couple who recently announced their engagement and so collected together some favourite wedding/ engagement cardstock and dies .... this card like many came into my head quickly but took a bit longer to make.
Engagement card made with:
Spellbinder Scalloped Borderablities Die
Impression Obsession - Heart of Hearts Die
Similar card to 6 x6 Ivory Cardstock 
Glitter similar to Stampendous glitter and embossing powder set
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Love set ( Discontinued)
Some clear Bling to finish it off! (NOTE: it's not white card, pale rose pink frosted card) 😊
My desk ten days ago now, for WOYWW, when hiding the card being made at this stage. You can however see the die used for the greeting (back middle), and some loose, small hearts from heart of hearts die (near envelope at top). Will save them for a shaker card.
The true beauty of this card isn't caught by the camera - from the very soft rose pink sheen on the frosted cardstock, to the glittery shine behind the mini hearts dies. I used the shimmery glitter with glossy accents. The Jac double sided paper I used first didn't have enough of the glitter on it for my liking. So squeezed over top of it some Glossy Accents, poured over the glitter and waited it to dry.
Then rubbed off excess when when and truly set. I was really happy then.

I also glued the extra heart inserts into the heart Die with the Glossy Accents too. The greeting was a digital sentiment printed on my inkjet printer then embossed with silver embossing powder.
If it's glossy card then use embossing buddy (see here how to make it, actually prefer them to my bought one) before printing and have EP ready to sprinkle when it comes out of printed, before ink dries. I love how well it fitted with Die from SB Divine Eloquence ..

I did do it in a Word doc. to make sure it fitted, that's the beauty of digis.
Well, that's it for today... dont forget to pop over and join in Bec's Anything Goes February Anything Goes Challenge challenge .. you might win the prize :D
May the LORD bless you and those you love, wherever you might be. 
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and a chat. 
Shaz in Oz.x

"23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:" Revelation 21

22 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, love white on white cards.

Kath x

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Beautiful card :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card with these intricate heart and I can see the glitter behind the heart and a bit of the frosted cardstock, too. They looks amazing! There are a lot of textures, here, your card has a very interesting look!

MaryH said...

Sharon, what a lovely way to use that S/B shaped border on this pretty card. Love the sheen of the cardstock color, and perfect design for an engagement card! Well done. TFS & Blessings.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Shaz, I'll bet the happy couple are thrilled with it, Cathy x

Chris said...

This is a beautiful WOW card Shaz, such a lovely design the die cuts are gorgeous, love the heart with the glitter behind and the gorgeous border.
Chris
x

Di said...

Gosh Shaz - you were first into the Playground and what a stunning card. It's absolutely perfect and I love it very much! Yup, your name was already noted for the GD as you commented last fortnight saying you'd have a spot. I have 16 volunteers already which covers 32 weeks - so pleased!

Hugs

Di xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you've been busy since I saw you Wednesday. Gorgeous card. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Barb said...

Wow Shaw this really is a very beautiful card. Barbxx

Brenda said...

Oh my Sharon, this is a beautiful engagement card card! More than beautiful, it is stunning! I love the extra glitter with the glossy accents you gave it and I am in love with that heart die. I bet to that pink shimmer looks better in person too! Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

WOW! So beautiful and so very elegant...love all your wonderful and sweet details, just perfect!

cotnob said...

This is stunning Shaz, such an elegant design.
Pauline
x

Aileen said...

Stunning card Shaz, love how there wasn't enough glitter so you fixed it. Really looks stunning behind that die cut heart I just happen to have. What an amazing card for your friends, they must have been wrapped.

Conniecrafter said...

So elegant, love the shimmer and the little hearts inside the big heart, it does look terrific with your spellbinder die, gems are perfect embellishment!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Shaz this is wonderful - love the glimpses of the sparkle a delicate colour I saw. The texture and die cuts are amazing.
Blessings
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous card. The dies you used are so beautiful. I love the shimmer of your paper and the extra sparkle of the glitter you used with the cut away hearts die.

Thanks for letting me know about Cotnob. I had not yet checked as I was busy with the grandkids and household things so I really was happy that you let me know.

Camilla said...

OMG! What a skillful card. Beautiful white. I love it. Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Brown Sugar Challenge. Hugs, Camilla (DT)

Pia S said...

Elegant, delicate and romantic! I love the pureness of a white on white card.

Debbie Harris said...

I do believe this is my favorite of the cards I have seen of yours, gorgeous!!
At first sight I thought it was for Valentine's Day, but oh what a gorgeous engagement card.

So nice to stop in as I end my day and you begin yours. :-)

God bless you~~

Teresa Kline said...

hello! very pretty card, luv the all white! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful - I love the way you have inlaid just some of the smaller hearts, it really draws the eye to the sparkle behind the "heart of hearts"
Jane

Sunshine Country said...

Beautiful card!! And you closed the post with a couple of my very favorite verses from Revelation chapter 21. Thanks so much for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...